- Three guys ready for promgroomsmen image by cherie from Fotolia.com
Prom is one of the most memorable nights of your high school experience. Whether you go by yourself, with friends or with the girl of your dreams, several variables need to be taken into consideration. Looking and feeling your best can help make your night special.
What to Wear
- Most guys wear a tuxedo to their prom. There are several styles and colors of tuxedos you can choose from. You may want to think about color coordinating with your date. You can rent a tuxedo for the evening. The rate for renting a tux is $50 to $150, depending on the extras you may want. Remember that the fancier the tux, the more expensive it will be.
- You may want to style your hair a little differently than you do on a day-to-day basis. Try to give your hair more of a clean, refined look that has a little edge to it. If you are thinking about cutting your hair for the prom, do not wait until that day. Plan ahead, and get a hair cut a few days before the prom. That way, you can try different ways of styling your hair to see which one you like best.
- It is a tradition for the guy to give a corsage for his prom date. There are a few types to choose from. It could be a pin-on corsage or a corsage she can wear around her wrist. Ask your date what color dress she will be wearing so that you can color coordinate the corsage with the dress. The corsage can be a surprise, or you can pick it out together. Usually, people spend around $25 to $50 on a corsage.
- A surprise dinner before prom can be a lot of fun for your date or group of friends. If you decide to take a group of friends to dinner, be sure to make reservations. This will ensure you and your guests have a place to eat and that you will make it to prom on time. If you are bringing only your date along to dinner, expenses won't be a problem. But, if you choose to bring a large group, consider going to a cheaper restaurant or splitting the cost of the dinner.
- Giving your date a gift can give her something memorable to take with her when the night is over. There are many things you can choose from. Earrings, necklaces and flowers are some great ideas that she will enjoy.