- Your course should include a combination of anatomy and physiology, phonetic pronunciations and word building principles. It's best to choose a course intended for lay people if you don't have a background in medicine or health care.
- If you want any type of job in the medical field, from receptionist to medical office administrator, the first step is to learn medical terminology.
- Online classes are usually self paced but have a time frame for completion, usually four or six months. Some allow more completion time.
- You can learn medical terminology on your own via free resources, but employers like certification. It shows them you learned skills in an organized way from experts in the field.
- The cost for a course ranges anywhere from less than $100 to $400 and higher. More expensive does not necessarily mean better. Just be sure the course includes the essential course content.