- 1). Mow down red osier dogwood shrubs with stems that are smaller than 4 inches in diameter using a lawn tractor and brush mowing attachment in summer or fall.
- 2). Cut down red osier dogwood with stems that are larger than 4 inches in diameter with a chainsaw.
- 3). Spray the trunks of red osier that have been cut down with a systemic herbicide such as glyphosate at a rate of 7 pints per acre in August. The severed shrub stems will pull the systemic herbicide down to the roots of the plant during this time of year and kill them. Red osier dogwood have a dense matting root system that can easily send up new stems if you do not kill them using this method.
- 4). Plow the ground four times yearly with a disk plow attachment for your lawn tractor in order to prevent new red osier seedlings from sprouting.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us