- 1). Mow down red osier dogwood shrubs with stems that are smaller than 4 inches in diameter using a lawn tractor and brush mowing attachment in summer or fall.
- 2). Cut down red osier dogwood with stems that are larger than 4 inches in diameter with a chainsaw.
- 3). Spray the trunks of red osier that have been cut down with a systemic herbicide such as glyphosate at a rate of 7 pints per acre in August. The severed shrub stems will pull the systemic herbicide down to the roots of the plant during this time of year and kill them. Red osier dogwood have a dense matting root system that can easily send up new stems if you do not kill them using this method.
- 4). Plow the ground four times yearly with a disk plow attachment for your lawn tractor in order to prevent new red osier seedlings from sprouting.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Few Things To Consider Before Buying Stainless Steel Containers
- Internet Marketing Specialist
- Five Simple And Inexpensive Things You Should Be Doing To Promote Your Business.
- twin mattress dimensions depth
- What Is The Work Of A Full Service Ad Agency
- How to Grow Your Downline Online
- Internet Marketing Tips - Where"s The Instruction Manual?
- Card Terminal Requirements Of Yesterday
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- MOdern Internet Marketing
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us