- 1). Use warm water and a special cleaner, like Woolskin Wool Wash Sheepskin Shampoo. Many people use baby shampoo to save money.
- 2). Wash your lambskin rug using the delicate setting of your washing machine. Once the basin fills, pause the machine to allow the rug to soak for 30 minutes. Then, turn the washer back on to allow it to go through a complete wash. Alternatively, hand wash the rug by soaking it in the shampoo/water mixture for 30 minutes, scrubbing it with the palms of your hand and then rinsing it. Follow the dosing instructions found on the label as different manufactures have different strengths. However, for the baby shampoo you will only need to add a teaspoon of shampoo per gallon of water for both the machine and hand methods.
- 3). Squeeze out any excess water and lay your lambskin rug as flat as possible outside in the shade.
- 4). Brush out the wool once it's dry. Use an animal brush to get your lambskin rug looking fluffy and new.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Does a Basil Plant Withstand the Winter?
- How to Plant a Homemade Mini Herb Garden
- The Key to Buying Sofas That Will Create Room Atmosphere
- The Beginner"s Woodworking Studio
- Outdoor Winter Decorating Ideas
- How to Adjust Bicycle Disc Brakes
- Aquaponics - Symbiosis at its best
- How to Care for Teak Wood Patio Furniture
- 3 Essential Service Features by Locksmith Camden Town Making Them Popular
- How to Hide the Newel Post Bracket
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us