- 1). Measure your windows to determine the size of the plantation blinds. Purchase the plantation blinds and the installation kit.
- 2). Install the hinges on the shutter panels according to the instructions from the manual. Use the screws from the installation kit and a flat head screwdriver to screw the hinges to the shutter panels. Usually the hinges are about 3 inches from the top and the bottom of the panels. Check that the hinges on both panels are completely level, then tighten the screws in the hinges.
- 3). Hold the shutters against the window, and center the frame of the shutters to the window opening.
- 4). Open the brackets of the shutters and have someone else hold the shutters against the wall.
- 5). Mark the position of the screws in the brackets on the wall with a pencil. Use a tape measure to measure the same place on the other side of the window opening. Mark this measurement on the wall as well. Drill the holes for the screws on the wall using a power drill. Then screw the brackets onto the wall.
- 6). Slide the mounting rail into the bracket hinge you just mounted. Attach the retaining clips that hold the rail in place.
- 7). Position the shutter in place. Place the screws in the hinges and let the whole shutter panel hang. Make sure that the shutters are level before tightening the screws. Position and screw the other side of the shutter panel as well if you have a two-part shutter.
- 8). Install the magnetic catches on the windowsill. Mount the magnetic catches onto the windowsill with the screws provided in the installation kit.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us