- 1). Insert the Mac OS X installation DVD into your Mac Mini.
- 2). Restart the Mac Mini and hold down the "C" key on your keyboard during the boot process to load the Mac OS X installation DVD.
- 3). Choose the language you want to use and click on the arrow button to continue.
- 4). Open the "Utilities" menu at the top of the screen and select "Disk Utility."
- 5). Highlight your Mac Mini's internal hard drive, which is usually labeled as "Macintosh HD," from the list on the left side of the window.
- 6). Go to the "Erase" tab and click on the "Erase" button.
- 7). Press "Erase" in the dialog box to confirm your decision to clear the data on your Mac Mini's hard drive.
- 8). Open the menu labeled "Disk Utility" when the erase operation has finished and choose "Quit Disk Utility."
- 9). Click on the "Continue" button to begin the process of reinstalling Mac OS X.
Press "Agree" to accept the license agreement
Highlight the drive labeled "Macintosh HD" and press the "Install" button to reinstall the Mac OS X operating system on your Mac Mini.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us