- 1). Shut down the computer by pressing the "Start" button on the desktop and choosing "Shut Down." Allow the computer to turn off completely.
- 2). Disconnect the power cable.
- 3). Remove the externally mounted components from the computer.
- 4). Locate the battery in the left bay in the front of the computer. Press the battery release latch on the computer base and slide the battery out of the bay.
- 5). Turn the computer over and ground yourself by touching an unpainted metal surface or wearing a wrist grounding strap.
- 6). Locate the large, square-shaped memory module compartment in the center of the computer base and extract the two screws on it.
- 7). Remove the memory module compartment cover. You will see at least one memory module installed. If there are two, choose one to remove, or you can replace both. To remove a module, move on to the next step.
- 8). Spread the retainers on each side of the memory module and pull the module straight out of the port.
- 9). Insert a new module into the port at an angle and press it down until the retainers lock into the notches on each side of the module.
Replace the memory module compartment cover and insert the screws to secure it.
Turn the comptuer over and replace the battery, the power cable, and the external devices to finish the procedure.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us