- 1). Shut down the computer by pressing the "Start" button on the desktop and choosing "Shut Down." Allow the computer to turn off completely.
- 2). Disconnect the power cable.
- 3). Remove the externally mounted components from the computer.
- 4). Locate the battery in the left bay in the front of the computer. Press the battery release latch on the computer base and slide the battery out of the bay.
- 5). Turn the computer over and ground yourself by touching an unpainted metal surface or wearing a wrist grounding strap.
- 6). Locate the large, square-shaped memory module compartment in the center of the computer base and extract the two screws on it.
- 7). Remove the memory module compartment cover. You will see at least one memory module installed. If there are two, choose one to remove, or you can replace both. To remove a module, move on to the next step.
- 8). Spread the retainers on each side of the memory module and pull the module straight out of the port.
- 9). Insert a new module into the port at an angle and press it down until the retainers lock into the notches on each side of the module.
Replace the memory module compartment cover and insert the screws to secure it.
Turn the comptuer over and replace the battery, the power cable, and the external devices to finish the procedure.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us