- 1). Turn the paper bowl upside down in the middle of the poster board. Trace around it with the pencil. Then make a larger concentric circle three inches from the line made by tracing the bowl. Cut out the larger circle. Then cut out the middle formed by the smaller circle. The poster board circle will become the brim of your safari hat and the bowl will become the hat itself. Tape the brim to the bowl using masking tape on the inside and the outside edge of the poster board.
- 2). Separate the seams of the brown grocery bags. Lay the unfolded bags flat on a table. Cut the bag into strips that are one inch wide. These strips will become the safari hat's fabric.
- 3). Dilute three parts of white craft glue with one part water. Stir to make the glue thinner. Use a paint brush to spread a thin coating of glue on the bottom of the poster board brim and just up about one inch into the inside of the bowl.
- 4). Press the end of a brown paper bag strip against the glue on the inside of the bowl. Continue pressing it on the bottom side of the poster board brim. The strips will hang out from the outer edge of the brim. Paint more glue on the top side of the brim and up the sides of the bowl to its base (the top of the hat). Fold the paper bag strips over the brim and keep pressing the paper down flat. Smooth out any wrinkles. When a strip is used up, carefully layer a second strip on top. Keep adding paper bag strips until the entire hat has been covered with them.
- 5). Allow the hat to dry thoroughly. Glue another strip (or two) to create a hat band at the point where the bowl and brim meet. When this is dry, thread an 18 inch length of yarn through the band on the right side of the hat. Thread another 18 inch length of yarn through the band on the left side of the hat. Use the yarn to keep the hat on.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us