- 1). Plant Bradford pear trees early in the season, as soon as you can work the soil. Pick planting sites that provide full sun, well-draining soil and enough room for the mature tree.
- 2). Dig a hole to a depth equal the root ball and at least double the width. Use a rake to loosen the sides of the hole, which allows the roots to spread easily.
- 3). Examine the root system on the pear tree. Cut off any damaged or frail roots and loosen any tangled roots. Prune roots to equal lengths.
- 4). Place the Bradford pear tree in the center of the hole and spread the roots out. Check the height of the tree and add or remove soil until the tree's height is a few inches higher than the height it was previously planted, which allows for settling.
- 5). Backfill the hole partially and work the soil around the roots. Finish filling the hole and then pack the soil to get rid of any air pockets.
- 6). Saturate the planting area with water to settle the pear tree in place. Soak with water weekly for the first season when rainfall fails to maintain moist soil.
- 7). Cover the planting area with 3 inches of mulch. Keep the mulch at least 1 foot away from the trunk of the Bradford pear tree.
- 8). Prune back the top of the Bradford pear to a height between 30 and 36 inches. Remove all side branches to within 1/4 inch of the tree's trunk.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us