- 1). Connect your computer to any of the local ports on the back of the Netgear router, using the Ethernet cable. The local ports are grouped together within the same metal plate.
- 2). Start a Web browser on the computer and navigate to the Netgear router's configuration Web address. That address is clearly indicated in the router's manual. For example, for a Netgear WPN824, that address is "192.168.1.1".
- 3). Navigate the configuration menus to the wireless network security section. For example, for a WPN824, click on "Wireless settings." Select "WPA PSK" in the "Security Options" section. Choose and enter a passphrase of at least eight characters into the "Passphrase" field, ideally including letters, keyboard symbols and numeric digits. Click on "Apply." At that point, the Netgear router will be locked; only computers knowing the WPA-PSK passphrase will be allowed to join the network.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Does facebook boom the sales?
- Bringing Companies Online in Orlando Florida
- Web hosting services in Brisbane for attaining the best visibility
- How to Use a Powerwinch
- Making Money Online
- Five Amazing Tricks To Get The Most Out Of Your SpÃ¥L Casino
- How To Make Your Html Meta Title Tag
- Successful Web Hosting
- Cloud Based Phone System - Top Reasons to Have This Telecoms Platform for Your Business
- Different Methods for Public Access to Court Information
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us