- 1). Connect your computer to any of the local ports on the back of the Netgear router, using the Ethernet cable. The local ports are grouped together within the same metal plate.
- 2). Start a Web browser on the computer and navigate to the Netgear router's configuration Web address. That address is clearly indicated in the router's manual. For example, for a Netgear WPN824, that address is "192.168.1.1".
- 3). Navigate the configuration menus to the wireless network security section. For example, for a WPN824, click on "Wireless settings." Select "WPA PSK" in the "Security Options" section. Choose and enter a passphrase of at least eight characters into the "Passphrase" field, ideally including letters, keyboard symbols and numeric digits. Click on "Apply." At that point, the Netgear router will be locked; only computers knowing the WPA-PSK passphrase will be allowed to join the network.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us