- 1). Determine what you want from your checklist. A checklist is a road map of things that need to be done on the way to accomplishing a task. It is also a useful tool for auditing procedures and assigning responsibility. Activities on a checklist should be signed and dated by the person performing the tasks. This provides a level of accountability, which usually results in a more stable environment.
- 2). List the daily tasks to be executed. Backups should be performed daily to protect the company from extensive data loss. Automated analysis of logs from authentication and communication events should also be run on a daily basis to detect intrusion attempts early. Just these two tasks enhance security for the server and the company, stopping malware attacks and intruders before they can do much damage.
- 3). List the weekly tasks to be executed. Back up the server on a weekly basis and rotate the backup offsite. Reorganize the hard drive and high-use databases to provide optimum performance. Scan the server for malware thoroughly to prevent infections in obscure files.
- 4). List the monthly tasks to be executed. You should run a full backup on a monthly basis and archive it offsite. It is best to back up the server before performing other monthly maintenance. Run a complete scan for malware to ensure your server's security, integrity and reliability. Reorganize low-use databases to provide top performance. At least once a year, test the backups by restoring them and testing the applications and data. If you cannot restore a backup, it is not useful, and if you have not tested the restore, you do not have a true recovery plan.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us