- 1). Sprinkle each tortilla with a few drops of water and put into one stack. Wrap the stack in foil and put in the oven at 250 degrees F.
- 2). Cut the chorizo into small pieces and put in a large skillet with 1 tbsp. oil over medium heat. Cook until the oil starts to turn red.
- 3). Remove the chorizo to a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil. Add the potatoes to the skillet.
- 4). Cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until they are quite soft. Add the salt and pepper and chorizo back to the pan. Keep warm over low heat.
- 5). Heat the remaining oil in a small saut¨¦ pan over high heat.
- 6). When the tortillas are hot, place one on a large plate and put 2 or 3 large tablespoons of the chorizo and potato mixture in a line across the middle of the tortilla. Leave about 1/2 inch of space between the ends of the line and the edge of the tortilla.
- 7). Bring the edges opposite the line of chorizo and potatoes together and hold together with a pair of tongs. Lower the folded end of the tortilla into the pan of hot oil and hold there until the tortilla is firm.
- 8). Once the folded end of the tortilla is firm, you can lower one side of the tortilla and then the other to cook them in the oil. Remove the cooked taco to paper towels to drain.
- 9). Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Garnish with the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time