- 1). Close out of the application you wish to configure, and click the application's icon in the hard disk window to highlight it.
- 2). Click the File menu at the top of the desktop, and click "Get Info" to open the application's properties.
- 3). Click the Show drop-down menu, and click "Memory" in the menu's list.
- 4). Click the Preferred Size field, and increase the current amount by 25 to 50 percent to allocate more memory without slowing down the computer. If the current application's preferred memory is 2,500 K, increase the size to 3,000 K and test the application to determine if the application requires an additional increase.
- 5). Click the square in the top-left corner of the Get Info window to save the changes and close out of the properties.
- 6). Click the application's icon in the Launcher menu to open the application, and open a document to test its speed.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Splint a Dog's Broken Leg
- How to Cut Schnauzer Hair
- Training a Puppy is a Positive Experience
- When Should Dogs Start Agility Training?
- Tips to Make Your Next Vet Visit Easier
- Overcoming Male Dog Breeding Problems
- How to Teach Your Chihuahua Pup to Eliminate on Command
- Common Havanese Health Problems - Keeping Your New Havanese Puppy Healthy And Happy
- Interactive Outdoor Toy Ideas for Dogs
- The Alpha Dog
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us