- 1). Determine whether the piece is on glossy paper or on matte paper. Originals will be on matte paper, while reprints will be on glossy paper. Glossy paper will be reflective and smooth while matte paper is porous and slightly rougher to the touch.
- 2). Look for the art work's print number. Each of Gutmann's works will have a number associated with the specific print. This number identifies the number of prints the artist made of that piece.
- 3). Find the "Gutmann and Gutmann Copyright, New York, NY" seal. Each of Gutmann's pieces has a copyright seal.
- 4). Locate the title of the print. It will be in block print below the painting, usually with the copyright date beside it. New prints have the title in script rather than block print.
- 5). Check to see whether the margin has an embossed stamp. Not all prints have this. These are the plate markings.
- 6). Look to see whether the print has a poem about a girl sharing her ice cream with her dog on the back of it. Two of Gutmann's pieces, "The Reward" and "In Disgrace" have a poem that goes with those pieces in the early 1900 prints.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Tell a Guy You Like Him - 4 Tips to Say I Love You to Your Man
- Be Responsible For Your Online Dating Security On Afroromance
- How to Give Her the Greatest Orgasm Ever! An Absolute Must Know For Every Man
- How to Get Your Man Back and Keep Him Devoted to You for Good
- Dating - The Psychology Behind Dating Younger Women
- How To Give Your Girl Multiple Orgasms Tonight! Be The Best She Has Ever Had!
- Don"t Let Your Relationship Be a Boring One
- How to Use Herbs to Increase Sexual Satisfaction
- The Need for Netiquette When Connecting With People
- Why Online Dating is For Everyone - Online Dating Tips
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us