- 1). Determine whether the piece is on glossy paper or on matte paper. Originals will be on matte paper, while reprints will be on glossy paper. Glossy paper will be reflective and smooth while matte paper is porous and slightly rougher to the touch.
- 2). Look for the art work's print number. Each of Gutmann's works will have a number associated with the specific print. This number identifies the number of prints the artist made of that piece.
- 3). Find the "Gutmann and Gutmann Copyright, New York, NY" seal. Each of Gutmann's pieces has a copyright seal.
- 4). Locate the title of the print. It will be in block print below the painting, usually with the copyright date beside it. New prints have the title in script rather than block print.
- 5). Check to see whether the margin has an embossed stamp. Not all prints have this. These are the plate markings.
- 6). Look to see whether the print has a poem about a girl sharing her ice cream with her dog on the back of it. Two of Gutmann's pieces, "The Reward" and "In Disgrace" have a poem that goes with those pieces in the early 1900 prints.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Add exclusive Shine to Interiors with Commercial Hardwood Flooring
- Laminate Flooring Singapore – A Great Solution for Flooring
- How to Grow Sweet Cherry Trees
- Strategies for dining roomdecoration, style, suggestions
- Assembling the Air Compressor & Nail Gun
- Ask Your Sun Room Contractor For Good Sunroom Themes
- How Does a Fish Breathe?
- How to Re-Program a Craftsman Garage Door Keypad
- Trees & Plants That Grow Well in Acidic Soil
- Comparing the Costs and Styles of Hardwood Floors - Exotics
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us