Preparing the System
- 1). Boot up the computer and take note of all programs launched at system start-up; icons are shown in the lower-right corner.
- 2). Close all open nonessential programs by right-clicking on each one and selecting "Close." Typically, everything except anti-virus software can be shut down. This frees up system memory.
- 3). Run Scandisk by right-clicking the primary hard drive and selecting "Properties" and then "Tools." Under "Error-checking," click the highlighted "Check Now" button.
- 4). Perform a hard drive defragmentation, found in the system tool menu under "All Programs."
- 5). Browse to the Adobe website and download the latest version of Flash Player. Follow the onscreen instructions until the installation is completed and successfully verified.
- 6). Update your video card driver by going to the manufacturer's website and downloading the latest version.
- 7). Toggle the game quality from high to medium or low (available on some games in the options menu).