Super Bee Clone (1967 to 69 Coronets Only)
- 1). Install a Mopar 440 or 426 Hemi engine and a 727 transmission.
- 2). Paint the Coronet black, then have a paint shop apply the white Super Bee paint strip to the rear quarter panels and trunk of the Coronet.
- 3). Install the R/T and the Super Bee badging on the hood, the front quarter panels and in the interior of the Coronet.
- 4). Remove the standard shifter and replace it with the pistol-grip shifter Mopar manufactured in the late 1960s and early 1970s.
Other Hot Rod Options
- 1). Rebuild your Mopar V-8 with aluminum heads, intake and carburetor to shed weight and increase performance.
- 2). Install a 727 transmission with a two-stage shift kit for efficient shifts and increased power transfer from the engine to the rear wheels.
- 3). Mount aftermarket Rally- or Crager-style wheels.
- 4). Integrate an electronic ignition system to improve spark in your Mopar engine.
- 5). Replace the stock hood of your Coronet with a cowl-induction hood or a hood that features a ram air induction scoop. There are numerous aftermarket manufacturers that supply these hoods for every model year of Coronet.