- 1). Select a planting location that has average, well-draining soil, receives full sunlight and provides protection from strong winds. Paulownia tomentosa may tolerate light shade for part of the day but generally does not perform well in shaded areas.
- 2). Plant Paulownia tomentosa in early spring after the ground is workable and the danger of frost has passed. Dig a hole three times wider than the root ball and of equal depth. Place the roots into the hole, back-fill with soil, and tamp down the soil around the tree with your hands.
- 3). Water the tree once every 10 to 14 days, allowing the soil to dry out slightly between applications. Increase watering to once or twice a week when temperatures rise above 95 degrees Fahrenheit. Paulownia tomentosa is moderately drought tolerant but performs best when provided with water when the soil becomes dry.
- 4). Spread a layer of organic compost over the ground around your Paulownia tomentosa tree once annually in early spring, before new growth begins. This helps the soil retain moisture throughout the growing season and provides nutrients. No supplemental fertilization is required.
- 5). Prune the plant back to one bud from the ground during late winter if desired. This dormant season hard pruning increases the size of the tree's leaves and encourage a more shrub-like growth habit, but it also prevents flowering. If you desire flowers, do not prune.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- British International School Samui - What to Look For in an International School For Your Children
- Would you like to visit university you are considering enrolling into?
- Central Mexico Archaeology
- Volcano Eruption in Your Own Home
- MBA in Humane Resource Management
- So You Need Help Learning Spanish
- Why Holiday Tuition Has Been Banned in Kenya
- 5 Easy Steps to Learn Learn How to Sing
- Iit Jee Coaching Preparation Techniques For 100uccess
- Preparing for LSAT Test Day - What To Do in the Last Few Weeks Before the LSAT
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us