- 1). Remove the doors and drawers from your armoire. Unscrew the hinges and set them aside with the screws.
- 2). Move your armoire, if possible, outdoors or into a well-ventilated work space. If you must do this in your home, open the windows and cover the floor and surrounding furnishings with drop cloths.
- 3). Protect yourself with a dust mask and safety glasses.
- 4). Sand all the Formica surfaces of your armoire, including the doors and drawers, with a medium-grit sand paper. It's best to use an electric sander, as sanding can be a lot of work. You want all of the Formica surfaces to feel rough when you're done.
- 5). Mix 1 cup of ammonia with 2 cups of warm water and wipe down all of the Formica surfaces to ensure they are dust-free and paint will adhere. Allow it to dry thoroughly.
- 6). Prime the surfaces with a bonding primer. Use a paint roller to roll the sealer for even coverage. Allow the first coat to dry for 24 hours, then apply a second coat of primer. Allow it to dry for another 24 hours.
- 7). Paint the armoire with the color of your choice, using oil or latex interior paint. Again, use a roller to get a smooth, even coat on all flat surfaces.
- 8). Allow the first coat of paint to dry and give it a second coat. After the second coat dries, you can apply decorative painting techniques, such as stenciled designs or decoupage, if desired.
- 9). Return drawers to their places, reattach the hardware, and enjoy your newly decorated armoire.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Daswell Mobile Concrete Mixer With High Efficiency On Sale
- SEO Tools Reviewed - The Basics That You Should Invest In
- Do You Make These Common SEO Mistakes?
- Explaining Straightforward Plans For Chiropractic Care
- Know More Information About Airplane Ads
- imperative that you keep your eye on the important
- Most Excellent Ways to Advertise
- Make Money Online From Your Home
- Easy Email Marketing Techniques To Increase Your Traffic
- Advertising scenarios in different Indian cities
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us