- 1). Put your digital images into a folder on your computer and make sure they are ready for publishing online. Check for a standard screen resolution of 72 dpi (dots per inch) on each of the images to be posted on the website. Open each file in a photo editing program and be sure the image is the proper dimension for your site. Try to keep the file sizes small, so the images load quickly.
- 2). Organize your images by topic or portfolio. A professional portfolio should have approximately 20 images that show the diversity of your photographic skill and your specialty, such as portraits, weddings or photojournalism. Research your audience or potential buyers and design your website accordingly.
- 3). Choose a blogging platform in which to build your free photo website. A wide variety of blogging platforms exist and many provide free user accounts. Research your choice and ensure that the platform you choose provides a large user community and support forum in case you run into difficulties while building your website.
- 4). Open your account and choose a user name that reflects your name or your photography business name, if you are building a website for commercial purposes.
- 5). Access your administration dashboard using the username and password sent to you when your account was established. Reset the password using a series of letters or numbers that are easy for you to remember, but not easy for others to figure out.
- 6). Go to the theme selection section of your administration panel and choose a theme that matches your photography and uses a layout that will emphasize your images. Your main image should be the centerpiece of the theme and a rotating slideshow is an excellent feature to place on the home page. Look for a theme that is easy for your users to navigate. Place your contact information on each page.
- 7). Upload your images to the media library using the administration panel. Caption your images according to content using keywords associated with the subject of your images. This step will help in the search engine optimization ratings of your site and help drive traffic to it.
- 8). Create a new post under the "Post" section and include your images from the media library. If you have multiple images going into a post, consider using a gallery plug-in that will display your images in a clean and easy-to-navigate manner. A plug-in is added to the theme and uploaded to the plug-in section of the administration panel. Your individual platform will have a section of plug-ins available.
- 9). Publish several posts with your images and review your site. Be sure the content is loading in the desired locations and that all the plug-ins are functioning properly.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us