- Choose a cute gift for a wishing well baby shower.baby present image by lidian neeleman from <a href='http://www.fotolia.com'>Fotolia.com</a>
A wishing well baby shower is a fun idea, because -- well -- who doesn't wish a new mom and her baby well? Typically, the wishing well is made of things that the new mother can use, such as a crib, a changing table, a wicker basket or a toy box. Then people place small items for the baby or his parents in the wishing well.
- A wishing well themed on hope gives guests the opportunity to write messages to the mom and drop them into the well, along with their gifts. Appropriate gifts for this kind of wishing well should relate to your hopes for the baby. For example, if the family is religious, children's books relating to God and faith are appropriate. Another gift could be a savings bond that the child could cash in when he is older.
- A baby bathtub can serve as a wishing well. Gifts for this kind of wishing will can include bath items, monogrammed baby towels and washcloths. Another bath time gift is a soft plastic covering shaped like an animal that fits over the bath faucet so that the child does not bump her head when she is a bit older.
- Sometimes the wishing well is for Mom, instead of the baby. After all, her life is about to change drastically and she will no longer have as much time for herself. Spa- and relaxation-related items are ideal for this kind of wishing well. Consider lotions and bubble baths, a card for a pregnancy massage or a monogrammed, plush bathrobe. If you want to give Mom a relaxing night out with her husband, consider a gift card to a restaurant or the movies. That way, she and the papa-to-be can enjoy themselves before the baby arrives.
Clothing and Accessories
- Babies always need clothing and accessories. If the party has a traditional wishing well rented purchased at a party store, consider tossing in an inexpensive gift while presenting the mom with a larger, more expansive present. Examples of items you could contribute to the wishing well are onesies, socks, bibs, hats and hair bows.