- 1). Soak the R. rugosa seeds in a small bowl of warm water until they swell. This typically occurs within 24 hours.
- 2). Place the R. rugosa seeds in a handful of slightly moist sphagnum peat moss. Place the bundle in a plastic sandwich-type bag and leave it in the refrigerator. How long to stratify the seed depends on several factors. If the seeds dried while in the hip, allow them to remain in the refrigerator for three months. If the seeds are fresh, or they dried outside the hip, refrigerate for five weeks.
- 3). Fill the germinating container to within a half inch of the rim with a either moist seed-starting mix or equal parts of moist potting soil and sharp sand or vermiculite.
- 4). Sprinkle vermiculite or sand over the seeds to lightly cover them and use water from a misting bottle to moisten the layer. Cover the container with plastic wrap.
- 5). Place the germination container in an area with lots of indirect sunlight on a heat mat set to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If the seeds don't germinate within several weeks, remove the plastic wrap. Place the container in a shady area outdoors and keep the soil moist. The seeds may need to go through another winter before germinating.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us