- 1). Choose what you will use as the "base tree" for the dollar bill tree--a silk tree or a live plant in a container. You also can make the base tree out of silk flowers as long as they have large leaves.
- 2). Hold the silk flowers together, and adjust the position and height of the flowers until you like the arrangement. Wrap floral wire around the stems of the flowers to secure them and cover the wire with floral tape. If the stems are very long, loosely braid them together.
- 3). Cut the Styrofoam to fit the container; it will have to fit tightly and not slip.
- 4). Lay a large sheet of gift wrapping paper on a flat surface. Place another large sheet of paper on top, in the opposite direction, forming a cross. Place the plant container in the middle of the cross.
- 5). Slide your hands under the bottom layer of paper and lift both sheets around the container, smoothing it up the sides. Tie a length of ribbon around the top of the paper to secure it, then make a large bow and add it to the tied ribbon. Trim excess paper.
- 6). Stick the tree base into the Styrofoam, making sure it stands upright. If the hole in the Styrofoam is too large and the tree wobbles, put small wads of paper into the hole. Cover the top of the Styrofoam with floral moss, tucking it between the edge of the container and the Styrofoam.
- 7). Slip paper clips onto the silk leaves.
- 8). Add the dollar bills to the tree. You can fold them in a pleated, accordion-style or clip them unfolded.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us