- 1). Wait until the outdoor temperatures rise to between 60 to 65 degrees Fahrenheit and identify a planting site that receives full sunlight and has well-draining soil comprised mostly of loam and sand.
- 2). Spread 1 to 2 inches of organic matter, such as compost, over the soil in the planting area and then mix it in using a garden tiller. Set the blade depth on the garden tiller to 6 inches and push it evenly over all the soil. Rake the top of the soil with a bow rake after tilling to smooth it out.
- 3). Dig a 12- to 24- inch deep and 4-inch wide trench in the back of the planting site and insert 6-foot high bamboo poles into it every 6 feet. Backfill the trench with the removed soil and compact it tightly to hold the stakes upright.
- 4). Wrap garden twine or wire around the poles every 1 to 2 feet all the way up, to provide support for the mature vines.
- 5). Fill a bowl with water and place the white bitter melon seeds into it. Let the seeds soak overnight before planting, to speed germination.
- 6). Create 1-inch deep holes in the planting site and space them at least 15 to 24 inches apart.
- 7). Saturate the soil with water to a 2-inch depth. After initial planting, keep the ground moist until germination and until harvesting the white bitter melon.
- 8). Prune the ends of the vine off using hand runners whenever they reach 10 sets of leaves, or the top of the trellis. Make the cut 1/4 inch above the last leaf set.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Publish a Photo Caption in HTML
- Being Realistic About Search Engine Optimization Campaigns
- How to Import Digital Content Into StoryBook Creator
- The growing potential of online brand marketing
- How to Erase My Search History
- Traffic Exchanges-how I Got 2000 Hits in 24 Hours
- How to Remove Win32 Tanatos M Virus
- Dealing With Large Spreadsheets
- Start to Finish Web Site Ideas With the Intention of Toil
- Enterprise Data Hub and Wearable Sensors - Improving Digital Lifestyle
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us