- Create a gift basket for the next baby shower you attend.basket image by Maciej Syrek from <a href='http://www.fotolia.com'>Fotolia.com</a>
Build a baby shower gift basket that will serve mother and child now, in the near future, for years to come or a combination of all three. Fill the basket with lots of small, inexpensive items that the expectant mother might not otherwise receive, yet will regularly come in handy . For the basket itself, use something practical like a diaper bag.
- Give a gift basket devoted to the baby's bath time. For the basket itself, use a baby bathtub that the mom can place in her tub or sink. Fill the tub with baby shampoo, soap and towels. Add baby bath toys, such as rubber duckies. Another smart baby bath item is a soft rubber covering to place over the bath tub nozzle so that the baby doesn't hurt his head if he bumps into it as he gets older and starts moving around the tub on his own.
Books & DVDs
- Mother and child can enjoy the gifts in this basket once he gets a bit older. Fill a basket with all sorts of baby books, such as pop-ups, nursery rhyme collections and popular cartoon books. Include baby DVDs, such as Baby Einstein and Sesame Street.
- Although no one wants to think about it, sometimes babies get sick. Create a gift basket filled with medical supplies the new mom may need at some point. Include a baby thermometer, a nose syringe, an oral syringe, liquid pain reliever and antibacterial ointment.
- Create a gift basket for the mom herself, rather than for the baby. Becoming a new mom is a stressful time, so help her out with some relaxation. A foot massager makes an ultra special "basket" for this gift. Fill it with items such as scented candles, lotions, a nail manicure set and bubble bath. To go all out, throw in a gift certificate to a local spa.