Say for example: If vata humor is leading humor than skin of a person is dry, rough, cold, thin with fine pores and wrinkled. In case of pitta humor constitution, the skin is frail, fair and red toned with freckles, moles or acne and burns with no trouble. If the constitution is of kapha humor the skin of a person is oily, smooth, moist and thick with a propensity towards large pores.
If the skin is not nurtured properly and is neglected it suffers from premature aging, becomes dull and blemished. Customary consumption of milk, honey and yogurt are good sustenance for skin and prevents premature aging.
Following are some common skin problems and ayurvedic remedy for preventing and curing the same.
Acne and Pimples
The vitiation of tridoshas or the three humores i.e. vata, pitta and kapha of the body results in the incidence of acne, pimples and blackheads. In all pitta humor is affected the most and it happens so due to the extreme intake of alcohol, tea, and coffee, spicy, oily and fried foods.
Stress, tension, pollution in the external environment and chemicals are also among the major causes that aggravate Pitta dosha and result in acne, boils, pimples and rashes.
- A thick paste made from 1 tablespoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric mixed with milk, is extremely effective. A paste of nutmeg and water is also helpful.
- 1/2 a cup of Aloe Vera pulp can be taken internally twice daily or applied locally to the skin.
- Before going to bed, was the face thoroughly and then apply a paste of one Teaspoon. coriander juice mixed with a pinch of turmeric powder.
- For pimples, apply a paste made from 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds. Remove after 1 hour.
- A paste of fresh fenugreek leaves, applied and washed off with warm water before departing to bed averts acne.