- Word was released in 1983 as Multi-Tool Word for the Xenix system. In 1989, Microsoft changed the name to Microsoft Word and included it in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Microsoft Office Word allows you to spell check, save and print information in a document. You can also rearrange text with the cut and paste feature, highlight words or phrases that need extra emphasis, or change the color of the font.
- Create a document using one of the software's templates to write a letter, create a poster or prepare a presentation. All you need to do is add the information.
- Insert a picture, cartoon or animation from the Clip Art gallery. Pick one of more than a hundred images that come pre-installed with the software.
- You need at least 256 megabytes of RAM and 1.5 GB of free hard drive space to install and run Word 2007 on your computer.