Inserting the SIM Card
- 1). Purchase a prepaid SIM card.
- 2). Charge your phone completely.
- 3). Remove the SIM card from the perforated section on the plastic card to which it's attached. Write down the SIM card number. This number is printed on the backside of the SIM card.
- 4). Remove the cover from the battery and remove the battery. Write down the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number that is printed on the sticker directly under the battery. Insert the prepaid SIM card into the SIM slot. Make sure to insert it in the direction of the arrow.
- 5). Replace the battery and cover.
Registering the Phone
- 1). Go online to your phone's website. Click the option to register your phone. Enter your IMEI number and SIM card number as well as your name, address and phone number.
- 2). Call the number provided with your prepaid SIM card pack. When the automated system requests you to do so, enter the IMEI and SIM card numbers along with your personal information.
- 3). Turn off your phone and wait for a few minutes, then turn it back on. The name of the prepaid provider that you've chosen should be displayed. Although this change may be immediate with some phone companies, it may take hours with others.
- 4). Add minutes to your account with a Top-up card. You can purchase these cards direct from your wireless provider or from participating gas stations, electronic stores and grocery stores.