- 1). Call 800-772-1213 to schedule an appointment at your local Social Security Administration office to apply for Social Security government benefits (see Resources to find the Social Security Administration office nearest you). Take your Social Security card and a photo identification like a driver's license, state-issued identification card or passport with you.
- 2). Begin an application online if you prefer at the Social Security Administration website (see Resources).
- 3). Fill out the application completely. If you need help filling out the application, ask for assistance at your local Social Security Administration office.
- 4). Provide any documentation requested by the Social Security Administration. The requested documentation may vary depending on the type of benefits for which you wish to apply. For instance, if you want to apply for disability benefits, they will ask you to provide copies of medical records and names of any health care providers that have treated you for your condition.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us