- 1). Turn off the power to the disposal by disconnecting the power cord from the wall outlet located in the cabinet under the sink.
- 2). Disconnect all of the plumbing connections to the disposal using a pipe wrench or adjustable pliers, including the drain hose from the dishwasher. The drain line P-trap can be disconnected at the disposal's discharge tube connection or by detaching the discharge tube itself at the connection flange.
- 3). Detach the disposal from the mounting lug by turning the disposal one-quarter to one-half turn clockwise to release it. Rest the disposal unit upright on the floor.
- 4). Remove the old collar baffle by prying the rubber lip around the outer edge off the opening to the disposal chamber.
- 5). Install the new collar baffle. Stretch the formed lip of the baffle over the edge of the opening to the disposal chamber.
- 6). Raise the disposal up to the mounting ring and align the disposal's mounting tabs. Rotate the disposal unit counterclockwise to lock it in place.
- 7). Reconnect the plumbing connections to the disposal. Slide the discharge tube into the drain P-trap and tighten the compression nut. Slip the dishwasher drain hose over the disposal connection and secure it with the hose clamp.
- 8). Restore power to the disposal by plugging the power cord into the wall outlet.
- 9). Run some tap water through the disposal and check for leaks at the plumbing connections. Tighten the fittings, if necessary.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Backpacking Information on Pakistan
- Family Holiday - Brilliant Choices Which You Might Go For
- Patagonia: A Leading Destination For Hikers And Anglers
- A Historical Guide of Lahore Attractions!
- Mathura - Important Destination
- Tourism in India
- Goa india
- Aruba Rentals To Choose From To Enjoy Your Stay In The Caribbean
- Some of the best tour packages in India
- Travel to Destination Paradise Greece
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us