Manually Alphabetizing All Apps
- 1). Hold your finger down on any of the app icons until all the icons on the home screen start to shake.
- 2). Place your finger on the icon of the app that comes first alphabetically. Drag that icon to the first screen and place it in the upper left corner.
- 3). Drag the icon of the app that comes next to the right of the first app. Continue dragging app icons into place until the last app has been alphabetized.
- 4). Press the "Home" button to save your changes and stop moving your app icons.
Automatically Alphabetizing Apps You Have Downloaded
- 1). Tap the "Settings" icon on your iPad's home screen.
- 2). Tap "General" in the left sidebar.
- 3). Tap "Reset" and then tap the "Reset Home Screen Layout" button. Your iPad returns all the preloaded apps to their original positions on the home screen and places all the apps you have downloaded from the App Store in alphabetical order.