- 1). Include your name, apartment address and the date at the top of your early departure letter. The landlord will most likely need to contact you to set up a time to inspect the apartment, so include your phone number.
- 2). Add the landlord's name and address if you have it, below your name and contact information.
- 3). Write a professional, courteous greeting, such as "Dear Mr. Johnson."
- 4). Explain why you need to depart early from your apartment lease in the first paragraph. Be as detailed as possible, and be sure to include that the situation is out of your control. Express your sincere regret for the inconvenience it will cause, and request that the landlord make finding a new tenant for your apartment a priority. It might also help to let him know that you will be actively trying to find a new tenant, as well.
- 5). Let the landlord know when you can schedule an inspection of the apartment in the next paragraph. If you need to leave town immediately, explain that you will not be available for the in-person inspection, and state when you're available to talk on the phone.
- 6). Thank the landlord for his assistance with the matter and for understanding your situation.
- 7). Be sure to include your name at the end of the letter.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us