- 1). Find the food source of the miller moths. Look in old dry food boxes, bags, sealed packages and plastic containers for larvae, which look like a caterpillar worm or weevil grub that is around 1/2-inch long with five pairs of legs. They are typically off-white in color, but may also be brown, pale pink or light green. They also favor dried flowers, candy bowls and pet food containers and feeding bowls, so be sure to leave no food source unchecked. Discard any food that you find that has moth larvae or cocoon webbing in them.
- 2). Examine all cans and jars, looking under them and beneath their lids and screw-on tops or caps for white cocoons between 1/4-inch and 1/3-inch long. Look for webbed cocoons in pantry shelf crevices, seams of doorways and in the food source as well.
- 3). Mix together a water-vinegar cleaning solution that is 1 cup white vinegar and 1 cup hot water in the bucket. Wash off any cans or jars that have webbing on them with a sponge soaked in the vinegar and water solution.
- 4). Remove any shelving liners. Vacuum off all the surfaces of the pantry, including the walls, wire shelf hinges, wooden shelf support pin or nail holes, the baseboards and floors. Discard the vacuum bag when you are finished.
- 5). Wash all of the surfaces of the pantry with a sponge and the vinegar-water cleaning solution. Take care to pay special attention to any indentations and crevices in the pantry, door jamb and door hinges.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us