- 1). Visit Experian.com, TransUnion.com or Equifax.com. Navigate to the area of the site that allows you to request a security freeze. For Equifax, this is the "Fraud Alerts & Freeze" section; for TransUnion, it's the "Identity Theft" section; and for Experian, it's the "Identity Theft and Fraud Protection" section.
- 2). Fill out the online form requesting a security freeze on your credit report. You must provide your name, date of birth, Social Security number and current and past addresses (within the last five years). Click "Submit" when you are finished.
- 3). Enter your credit card information. You must pay by credit or debit card to place a security freeze online. Under Georgia law, the fee for this service is $3 each ($9 for all three agencies). Select "Submit" to request your security freeze.
- 4). Print out your confirmation number when it appears on the screen and keep it for your records. In the event of a future dispute, the confirmation document proves that you requested a security freeze.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Make Diet Easy
- Magnetic Acupuncture And Weight Loss
- Bad moods short temper stress anxious get over your mood swings be nice be happy
- When Can I Expect to Lose Weight by Working Out?
- The Stress Cure - Is Stress Zapping Your Memory?
- Great Leaders Don"t Need To Enjoy Training, Just To Benefit From It
- How To Overcome All Blocks To Personal and Spiritual Achievement
- Inside The Head of a Successful Dieter
- The Epidemic Of Adult Obesity
- Getting Past The Average Line, One Way Or Another
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us