- 1). Visit Experian.com, TransUnion.com or Equifax.com. Navigate to the area of the site that allows you to request a security freeze. For Equifax, this is the "Fraud Alerts & Freeze" section; for TransUnion, it's the "Identity Theft" section; and for Experian, it's the "Identity Theft and Fraud Protection" section.
- 2). Fill out the online form requesting a security freeze on your credit report. You must provide your name, date of birth, Social Security number and current and past addresses (within the last five years). Click "Submit" when you are finished.
- 3). Enter your credit card information. You must pay by credit or debit card to place a security freeze online. Under Georgia law, the fee for this service is $3 each ($9 for all three agencies). Select "Submit" to request your security freeze.
- 4). Print out your confirmation number when it appears on the screen and keep it for your records. In the event of a future dispute, the confirmation document proves that you requested a security freeze.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us