- Compaq's Presario F700 Notebook PC uses Turion processors for the 1MB, 2.20, 2.10, 2.0 and 1.90GHz models. You will find the Athlon TK-57 or TK-55 processor in the 1.90GHz, 512KB or the 128KB, 1.80GHz models. The F700 uses the Mobile AMD Sempron 4000 in the 2.20 GHz, 512KB model and the 3800 in the 2.20GHz, 256KB model.
- One of the most difficult pieces of information to find, yet one of the easiest things to change is your system memory. The Compaq Presario F700 is delivered in numerous configurations, but all models support up to 2GB of system RAM with dual-channel memory. The PC2-5300, 667MHz, DDR2 is available in 1GB modules. The F700 supports one-1024, 2-1024s, 2-512s or 1-512 memory modules. Always make sure you are properly grounded before replacing any components in your desktop, notebook or netbook computer.
- The Compaq Presario F700 supports a serial ATA 9.5mm, 2.5-inch hard drive, which is customer accessible and replaceable. The Notebook supports the 160GB, 5400 rpm, the 120GB, 5400 rpm and the 80 GB, 5400 rpm drives. The fixed parallel ATA optical drive is also customer accessible and replaceable, supporting the DVD+/_RW and CD-RW SuperMulti Double-Layer Combo Drive with and without Lightscribe, as well as at DVD/CD-RW combo drive.
Camera, Audio, Video, Modem, Ethernet and Wireless
- Additional components include a 30-frame per second VGA camera, an integrated omni-directional mono microphone, as well as high-definition, Azalia technology audio, two Presario-branded Altec-Lansing speakers. This notebook has a 56K V.92 1.5-inch data/fax modem, which supports all of the world-wide certification requirements. This unit also has a Realtek 8201 CL 10/100 network interface card, and two wireless antennae built into your display.
- Supporting the SD, MMC, MS, MSPro and xD cards is standard on the F700. With an added adapter, which is not included with the Notebook, you can use the mini versions of SD, MMC and MS Duo media cards. In addition, the F700 supports an audio-in, audio-out, S-Video out, RJ-11-modem, RJ-45-Ethernet and three USB ports. The F700 does not support a docking station.