- 1). Visually check the exit light under normal operating conditions. There are two different bulbs inside, an 120 volt AC bulb fed off the main power supply, and a DC-powered bulb--usually 6 volts--supplied by a battery. The exit sign must be fully lit by the main power supply. If the 120 volt light is no longer lighting the sign, the exit bulb needs to be replaced.
- 2). Push in the red "test" button on the side of the exit light, and hold it in for at least 30 seconds. The 30-second minimum is essential for a proper test, because even a nearly dead battery will supply several seconds of power.
- 3). Replace the battery if the emergency light will not stay lit for the required 30-second time frame. If the light will not go one with a fresh battery installed, replace the light bulb and re-test.
- 4). Replace the entire unit when both a fresh battery and fresh bulb are installed, yet the exit sign does not light up when the test button is pushed.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us