- 1). Assign a letter to both genes to be studied. In Mendel's classic experiment, R represented the dominant allele for round peas, while r represented the recessive allele for wrinkled peas. Similarly, Y was used to represent the dominant allele for yellow peas, while y represented the recessive allele, green peas. Write out the genotype of both parent organisms. In Mendel's example, a parent heterozygous in both genes would have the genotype RrYy.
- 2). List off all possible gametes resulting from the parent organisms. In the above example, the heterozygous parent's possible gametes would be RY, Ry, rY and ry.
- 3). Construct a table of 16 squares (four rows, four columns) with one parent's gametes on the x-axis and the other's on the y-axis.
- 4). Fill in the table's blank squares with the combinations of alleles representing the offspring. For example, the combination of Ry and ry gametes would result in a Rryy offspring.
- 5). Count the frequency of each phenotype to obtain a phenotypic ratio. Remember, a heterozygote will express the dominant allele. The offsprings' phenotypic ratio should be 9:3:3:1 (in the above example, 9 round, yellow peas, 3 round, green peas, 3 wrinkled, yellow peas and 1 wrinkled, green pea).
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Daswell Mobile Concrete Mixer With High Efficiency On Sale
- SEO Tools Reviewed - The Basics That You Should Invest In
- Do You Make These Common SEO Mistakes?
- Explaining Straightforward Plans For Chiropractic Care
- Know More Information About Airplane Ads
- imperative that you keep your eye on the important
- Most Excellent Ways to Advertise
- Make Money Online From Your Home
- Easy Email Marketing Techniques To Increase Your Traffic
- Advertising scenarios in different Indian cities
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us