- 1). Complete your high school education or obtain an equivalency degree.
- 2). Register with an educational institution which certifies pharmacy technicians. The time it takes to complete this education can range from six months for certificate courses up to two years for an associate's degree. Pennsylvania colleges and technical schools offering programs for pharmacy technicians include DPT Business School, which has two Philadelphia campuses; Laurel Technical Institute in Meadville and Sharon; Everest Institute in Pittsburgh; and the Sanford-Brown Institute in Monroeville and Trevose.
- 3). Obtain third-party certification as a pharmacy technician from either the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT). These boards administer examinations which test an applicant's knowledge of math and science as applied in pharmacies. Certifications from these tests last for two years; PTCB requires certified pharmacy technicians to take 20 hours of continuing education during that time to remain certified.
- 4). Apply for pharmacy technician job openings. Seventy-five percent of pharmacy technicians work in retail pharmacies; the remainder work for hospitals, mail-order pharmacies, pharmaceutical wholesalers, assisted-living facilities or government facilities. Besides searching the usual places for jobs such as online and print classifieds and the phone book, also contact chambers of commerce for additional help finding businesses.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Steps to better Carpet Cleaning Highlands Ranch
- The Luxury Of Kelowna Hot Tub Steps
- Why Choose a Full-Service Tile Company for Your Next Remodel
- Going for Bathroom Remodeling? - Have Some Tips
- Rug Sizes
- General Contractor NY Offer Services For Numerous Construction Works
- How to Unclog an Inaccessible Drain
- Choosing Interior Railings
- Six Benefits of Having a Screened Porch on Your Home
- What Kitchen Faucets Finish Is the Best?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Business & Finance" Categories
Advertising & Marketing Arts & Crafts Bankruptcy Blogging Biz Business Insurance Business News Careers Corporations Credit Debt Electronic Commerce Economics Entrepreneurship Finance Home Based Business Investing & Financial Markets Loans mortgage Outsourcing Personal Finance Renting & Real Estate Shopping Small Business Social Media Stocks-Mutual-Funds Taxes Wealth Building
Stay With Us