- 1). Measure the circumference of the log in centimeters. Our example log has a circumference of 240 centimeters.
- 2). Convert the circumference to meters by dividing by 100, because 100 centimeters make up a single meter. Continuing the example, the circumference is 2.4 meters.
- 3). Divide the circumference by 2 times the number pi to get the radius in meters. Use 3.14 for the number pi; 2 times 3.14 is 6.28. In our example, 2.4 meters divided 6.28 equals a radius of .38 meters.
- 4). Measure the height of the log in meters. Our example log is 8 meters long.
- 5). Multiply the number pi times the height and times the square of the radius to obtain the volume of the log in cubic meters. Completing the example, 3.14 times 8 meters times (.38 meters squared) equals 3.6 cubic meters of firewood.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us