- 1). Measure the circumference of the log in centimeters. Our example log has a circumference of 240 centimeters.
- 2). Convert the circumference to meters by dividing by 100, because 100 centimeters make up a single meter. Continuing the example, the circumference is 2.4 meters.
- 3). Divide the circumference by 2 times the number pi to get the radius in meters. Use 3.14 for the number pi; 2 times 3.14 is 6.28. In our example, 2.4 meters divided 6.28 equals a radius of .38 meters.
- 4). Measure the height of the log in meters. Our example log is 8 meters long.
- 5). Multiply the number pi times the height and times the square of the radius to obtain the volume of the log in cubic meters. Completing the example, 3.14 times 8 meters times (.38 meters squared) equals 3.6 cubic meters of firewood.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us