- 1). Place the bookshelf in a sunny spot within your house. If you do not have a room or window that receives regular daylight throughout the year, you will need to use UV lamps to provide light for your plants.
- 2). Wash your pea gravel with dish detergent multiple times to make sure that chemicals, dirt and sediment are thoroughly cleansed out.
- 3). Prepare your growing containers by drilling a small hole on both ends of the container for fittings and tubes. Use silicone to help seal the fittings to the container and test it to make sure that it's a watertight seal. Insert the pea gravel into the containers. Depending on your setup and the size of your containers, you may only choose to do one container per shelf on the bookshelf. Attach the plastic tubing to the fittings on either end of the growing containers.
- 4). Place the growing containers on each level of the bookshelf. Attach the plastic hoses, interlinking each growing container.
- 5). Place the water storage tank at the foot of the bookshelf and fill it with 10 gallons of water. Connect the submersible water pump to the tubing for the top-most growing container. Connect the water pump to the timer, which should be set for cycling the water through the hydroponic system every five to six hours. Insert an aquarium air pump and bubble stone into the water storage tank.
- 6). Insert plant seeds or sprouts into the growing medium. Insert hydroponic nutrient and fertilizer into the water storage tank.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Hire the Reliable Builders and Installers to Have Beautiful Home Improvements
- How to Choose the Right Curtains For Your Home
- Room Decor of Different Time Periods
- How to Decorate Mahogany Floors
- Nursery Furniture Ideas
- Types of Wall Covering
- How to Paint Your House & Make Every Room Look Great
- Choosing Window Blinds Sydney
- How to Create a Decorative Mirror with Tile
- Ladybug Wall Decorations
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us