- 1). Fill a sink or laundry tub with hot water and add 1/2 cup of lemon juice. Place white clothing into the lemon water and allow it to soak for 30 minutes. Soak the white items overnight if they are exceptionally dingy.
- 2). Remove the white clothing from the lemon water and place it in the washer. Spray any yellow sweat stains with a stain remover before washing.
- 3). Set the water-temperature setting to hot, and add regular laundry detergent and 1/4 cup of bleach. Wash the clothing on a normal cycle. Inspect the white clothes after washing to see if they need additional brightening.
- 4). Add 1/2 cup of baking soda into the washer if the regular washing and bleach did not whiten the clothing enough. Wash the garments on a normal cycle with hot water.
- 5). Place white clothes in the sun to dry after washing. Sun helps bleach white clothing.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- How to Fill Windshield Washer Fluid
- How to Repair Brake Pads on a Saturn 2000 SL1
- Instructions on Replacing Alternator Belts
- How to Replace My Brake Pads
- How to Fix Scratches on a 2008 Toyota Corolla
- BMW Auto Repair and Services
- How to Check the Coolant Level on a 2010 700 Grizzly Yamaha ATV
- How to Change the Serpentine Belt on a 2003 B3000 Mazda Truck
- How to Look for Wear or Leaks on Hoses and Clamps in a Ford Mustang
- Engine Specs of a Chevy Cobalt Supercharged
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us