- 1). Pray to God in a humble frame of mind. It is like approaching a parent who is disappointed by his or her child's behavior or actions that were directly opposite of what the child has been taught. But if the child approaches with sincerity and humility, the parent is encouraged to receive the child and extend forgiveness. It is the same with God -- approach Him in humility to obtain the mercy needed from Him.
- 2). Tell God the specifics of the indiscretion. Speak the truth to Him because He is omniscient, so it would not be prudent to try to deceive Him with untruths. Simply express the detail of what was done and, if applicable, who was affected by your behavior. This is called confessing. 1 John 1:9 states, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
- 3). Receive God's forgiveness by forgiving yourself. Oftentimes, it is easier to receive the Lord's forgiveness than it is to forgive yourself. Let go of the issues and make a determination to move away from the behavior. Give thanks to God for extending forgiveness for the actions and behavior.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us