How to Not Have Your Name in the LDS Register

104 15
    • 1). Contact your local LDS bishop. If you have any sort of rapport with the bishop, he may be able to expedite the name resignation process. If you're unsure of who your local bishop is, contact any local LDS church branch. They should be able to provide you with this information.

    • 2). Write a letter to the church membership records office headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT. You can word or structure the letter any way you like. However, the letter should include your full name, current address, date of birth, baptismal date and any priesthood ordinations, as well as any temple ordinances performed. This information will help to verify that you are who you say you are. It's also wise to include a statement about your reasons for wanting your records removed.

      Send the letter to:

      Member Records Division, LDS Church

      50 E North Temple Rm 1372

      Salt Lake City, UT 84150-5310

    • 3). Send an e-mail to the church membership records office. Include the same information provided in Step 2. Send the e-mail to Greg Dodge at As of July 2011, Dodge oversees all church membership records in the U.S.

Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

"Society & Culture & Entertainment" MOST POPULAR