- 1). Wash your coffee pot and the removable brew basket (the plastic piece where you place the filter) in warm water with a small amount of liquid dish soap before you first use your coffee maker and after each use. Always wait for the carafe and basket to cool before cleaning them. Check the user manual for your particular model to see if these parts are dishwasher safe.
- 2). Rinse the permanent filter in hot water before first use and after each use thereafter. If rinsing alone does not remove all coffee grounds, use a soft brush to gently remove any stubborn grounds.
- 3). Rinse the carafe, basket and filter thoroughly with hot water after each washing to remove all traces of cleansers.
- 4). Wipe down the exterior of your KitchenAid coffee maker with a cloth dipped in warm water and a few drops of liquid dish soap. Keep the cloth damp rather than wet, and gently wipe the entire outside of the coffee maker to remove dust, spills and stray coffee grounds.
- 5). Fill the carafe halfway with white vinegar, then fill it the rest of the way (to the top brew line) with cool water. Remove the water filter if your model has one and press the "On" button to run a brewing cycle with the vinegar-water solution. This removes buildup from the minerals in your water, called "scale." Some KitchenAid coffee maker models have an indicator light that indicates this type of cleaning is needed. If your model does not have an indicator light, remove the scale once a month with this process.
- 6). Repeat the vinegar solution treatment two to three times, or until the indicator light turns off, then run the brew cycle with fresh, cool water twice. Wash the carafe, basket, and filter as you normally would, then reassemble the coffee maker--including the water filter if included in your model--and use as normal.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us