- 1). Wash your coffee pot and the removable brew basket (the plastic piece where you place the filter) in warm water with a small amount of liquid dish soap before you first use your coffee maker and after each use. Always wait for the carafe and basket to cool before cleaning them. Check the user manual for your particular model to see if these parts are dishwasher safe.
- 2). Rinse the permanent filter in hot water before first use and after each use thereafter. If rinsing alone does not remove all coffee grounds, use a soft brush to gently remove any stubborn grounds.
- 3). Rinse the carafe, basket and filter thoroughly with hot water after each washing to remove all traces of cleansers.
- 4). Wipe down the exterior of your KitchenAid coffee maker with a cloth dipped in warm water and a few drops of liquid dish soap. Keep the cloth damp rather than wet, and gently wipe the entire outside of the coffee maker to remove dust, spills and stray coffee grounds.
- 5). Fill the carafe halfway with white vinegar, then fill it the rest of the way (to the top brew line) with cool water. Remove the water filter if your model has one and press the "On" button to run a brewing cycle with the vinegar-water solution. This removes buildup from the minerals in your water, called "scale." Some KitchenAid coffee maker models have an indicator light that indicates this type of cleaning is needed. If your model does not have an indicator light, remove the scale once a month with this process.
- 6). Repeat the vinegar solution treatment two to three times, or until the indicator light turns off, then run the brew cycle with fresh, cool water twice. Wash the carafe, basket, and filter as you normally would, then reassemble the coffee maker--including the water filter if included in your model--and use as normal.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us