- 1). Locate a radio-controlled (RC) car. You may have an old one lying around the house, or you may need to take a trip to the store and purchase one of the entry-level models. These usually run from $10 to $20.
- 2). Dismantle the shell of the RC car. Use pliers and whatever else you have at your disposal to carefully rid the car of its plastic trappings. Lay the components and wheel base bare.
- 3). Salvage the key components. These include pulling out and saving the black battery pack and green receiver board, as well as the controller, which you will use later to command your robot. The circular servos (motors) may be left as they are, attached to the wheel base. The wheel base will provide a sturdy mobile solution for your robot.
- 4). Use scissors to cut two strips of Velcro into squares smaller than the surface area of the wheel base but roughly the same size as your battery and receiver board.
- 5). Apply a thin layer of toy model glue to the bottom, non-functioning side of each Velcro piece. Place one piece firmly onto the bottom center of the wheel base and the other firmly onto the top center. Allow several minutes for the glue to dry thoroughly.
- 6). Affix the receiver board onto the top Velcro piece and the battery pack onto the bottom.
- 7). Locate the wire leads coming out of each servo. Run each of these to the receiver board. There are open "channels," or insertion points, on the end of the receiver. Wire each servo to the board by inserting its wire leads into two of these channels. Ensure each servo is connected into a separate channel.
- 8). Run the battery pack's two-wire lead to the receiver board and insert both wires into a channel on the receiver. Do not use the same channel as those used for either servo.
- 9). Add any decorative elements you choose to your robot, but keep in mind this is optional. Your robot can be as gaudy or as frills-free as you choose. Utilize the toy model glue to fasten any decorative elements to your robot.
Turn on the controller and test your robot. It should respond to your every command.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Non-profit raising event are volunteers
- SEO Services - Door Of Success
- The Way Satellite Internet Delivers a Different System
- How to Create Themes for Outlook 2007
- How to Check an SSL Encryption
- What is a Channel Manager and Should You Get One?
- Get Effective Web Design Services in Milwaukee WI
- Do you know how to work with hidden Wi-Fi networks in Windows?
- Financial Studies Delhi. Unemployed Student Loan Offers A Big Financial Help For Higher Studies
- Is There Any Way to Find Out If Someone Is Checking Your Facebook?
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
Stay With Us