- 1). Remove the seat from the chair either by popping it out of place or removing the screws holding it to the frame. Once the seat has been removed, remove any existing caning with a router, taking care not to damage the wooden frame of the seat.
- 2). Soak your new sheet of rattan webbing in water for at least 20 minutes. Then place the webbing over the surface of the seat with the shiny side facing toward you.
- 3). Wedge the webbing into the groove of the seat using a wooden wedge. Push the webbing firmly with the wedge until it sticks into the groove. Work your way around the perimeter of the seat until the webbing is attached.
- 4). Cut any excess webbing off using a utility knife; this is the hard part and requires careful work so you do not cut yourself. Cut off the webbing so that the webbing does not extend more than a few millimeters past the edge of the groove.
- 5). Insert a thin line of PVA glue into the groove to secure the webbing and let the glue sit and dry for five minutes.
- 6). Insert the cane spline into the groove of the chair and hammer it into the groove. Continue hammering the spline all the way around the perimeter of the seat. When you reach the corners, wet the spline with a damp sponge to make it bend easier and to avoid breaks. When you get back to the starting point, cut the end with your utility knife and hammer the end into the groove.
- 7). Wipe off any excess glue with the sponge and allow the seat to dry naturally. When the webbing is fully dried, you can re-install the seat to the frame of the chair.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Self-Fulfilling Prophecies - How Do They Fit Into Our Lives?
- Manifesting Your Power to Create Your Own Wealth
- What You See Is What You Get!
- The Salve of Tolerance
- 5 Secrets On The Importance Of A Coach
- Are You Failing in the Present?
- How to Make BIG Changes in your Life When you are Stuck!
- Guidelines For Living
- How to Get Your Way and Come Out Unscathed
- Don"t Wait - Celebrate!
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Society & Culture & Entertainment" Categories
Arts & Crafts Business Books & Literature Culture Cultures & Groups Digital Art Comics & Animation Education Environmental Gambling Games History Hobbies & Science Holidays & party Horoscopes Jokes & Riddles Languages Movies Music News Society & Culture Other - Entertainment Performing Arts Photography Radio & Television Reading-Book Reviews Religion & Spirituality sports-Match Visual Arts Writing
Stay With Us