- 1). Put on protective cleaning gloves and a protective mask so that you do not inhale any mold spores.
- 2). Remove the window if it is detachable and take it outside. If the window is not detachable, open or crack the window to increase the air circulation of the room while you are cleaning.
- 3). Brush as much of the mildew off the window as you can with a brush or scraper. If you can’t do this outside, then brush it onto the floor that is covered with paper or a plastic sheet for easy cleanup.
- 4). Vacuum any remaining mildew with the hand-held suction attachment. Dispose of the vacuum bag immediately. If the vacuum has a disposal canister instead of a bag, empty the canister immediately, preferably outside, to avoid spreading any mold spores indoors.
- 5). Mix 1 quart of warm water with 2 tablespoons of liquid chlorine bleach.
- 6). Sponge the mildewed area of the window thoroughly with the cleaning solution and allow the mixture to rest on the window for 15 minutes before rinsing it away with a clean cloth.
- 7). Spray a fungicide on the area of the window that developed the mildew. You may need to do this regularly -- such as every time you clean the windows -- to prevent the mildew from returning.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- Get The Legal Help Needed After An Auto Accident From An Injury Lawyer
- Kind And Helpful Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer
- The Consumer Protection Act 1987 - Guide to Claims For Faulty Products
- Making the Most of Personal Injury Compensation Claims
- Choosing Lawyers Dealing With a Car Accident or Personal Injury Cases
- Benefits for Social Security Through Disability Attorney Charlotte
- Personal Injury Lawyer Help for Medical Malpractice
- Injury case by case: Personal Injury in details
- Get Justice From Wrongful Death Attorney
- In Indianapolis Bankruptcy Attorney Advises On The Legal Proceedings Of A Bankruptcy Case
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us