- 1). Select the right time for pruning. Mango trees do not need to be pruned annually, but if you decide your tree does need pruning, it should be done after harvest, at the end of December, or before it flowers, around the middle of May.
- 2). Remove low-hanging branches. This is called skirting and should get rid of any branches that will get in the way of fertilizing and weed control.
- 3). Remove branches from inside the tree. Here you should select any branches that cross over one another or otherwise cause congestion on the inside of the tree. Clearing up this area will allow more light and air to reach your fruit.
- 4). Remove dead or diseased limbs. This should always be taken care of to prevent the spread of flower or fruit infection.
EDITOR PICKS & Articles
- RV Insurance Policy Basics
- Some Tips on How to Find Cheap Auto Insurance
- DUI Auto Insurance - Don"t Drink and Drive!
- Look for the Best Cheap Auto Insurance Online Option
- How To"s Of DWI Auto Insurance
- Auto Insurance - 11 Tips For Better Auto Insurance Quotes
- Is It Okay to Drop Collision and Comprehensive Insurance?
- Compare Auto Insurance Companies - The Fast and Easy Way to Compare Auto Insurance Companies
- State of Ohio Car Insurance Law
- Get Better Rates on Your Caravan Insurance
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
"Home & Garden" Categories
Stay With Us