- 1). Park the Mercedes and turn the engine off. Pull the hood release lever under the dashboard on the driver's side of the vehicle. Move to the front of the vehicle and lift the hood. Loosen the bolt that secures the negative battery cable to the battery terminal with a 10-mm wrench. Lift the cable from the negative battery terminal and set it aside. Return to the inside of the vehicle.
- 2). Insert the stereo Mercedes stereo removal keys into the slots on the bottom corners of the stereo. Push the keys into the openings until they lock into place. Pull the stereo from the dashboard and unplug the stereo wiring and antenna cable from the back of the unit.
- 3). Insert the aftermarket installation collar that comes with the satellite ready stereo receiver deck. Bend the metal tabs at the front of the collar with a flat screwdriver to secure it into the dock. Pull the stereo wiring and antenna cable from the back of the dock to the front of the collar. Plug the stereo wiring into the leads of the wiring harness adapter. The adapter will bridge any gap between the Mercedes' stereo wiring and the outlets on the rear panel of the new stereo.
- 4). Plug the wiring harness adapter leads into the back of the new stereo deck. Plug the antenna cable into the outlet on the back of the radio labeled "FM ANT." Slide the radio into the opening in the dock provided by the installation collar. Push the unit into the dock until it snaps into place. Return to the Mercedes' engine compartment.
- 5). Place the negative battery cable clamp back around the negative battery terminal lead. Tighten the bolt on the cable's clamp to secure it to the post. Close the hood.
- 6). Move the vehicle to an open area where sight line to the sky is relatively unobstructed. Initial activation requires a strong signal from the satellite. Contact the satellite radio service provider to activate your service.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time